The 2017 Music City Mile will be at the 1/2 mile track at Poplar Grove School in Franklin, TN. Runners will complete two laps and receive an official time, finisher medal and be eligible for prizes, awards and possibly a Tennessee State Record for girls or boys.
Are you the fastest boy or girl in your grade, school, district or the entire State of Tennessee? Find out on Sunday, April 23, 2017
Here is some of what you can expect on race day:
- Professionally timed race using chips on race bibs
- All registered runners will receive a T-shirt
- All finishers will receive a finisher medal
- Awards for top performers
- Door prizes picked at random
- Games/Activities for all spectators and participants
- Safe, closed-course track with 100% viewing for parents/spectators
- Food trucks and Music
What is a mile?
A mile is 5,280 feet, 1,760 yards or 1,609 meters (1.61 km). A Roman mile was originally 5,000 feet, but the UK changed the mile based on a furlong (660 feet). 8 furlongs became the standard for the mile (8 x 660 = 5280). The United States as well as two other countries are the only places that still use the Imperial system for weights and measures. The fastest mile ever ran is 3 minutes, 43 seconds by Moroccan Hicham El Geurrouj.
Fastest Kid in Tennessee
Do you have what it takes to be among the fastest in the state? If you beat these times at the Music City Mile, then you will be automatically added to the official list.
Fastest Tennessee Girls
|5||08:10.6||Iris Gewelke||Johnson City||8/2/2012|
Fastest Tennessee Boys